Jogging systems BASA evolution und BASA
The Baumann BASA – fully automatic jogging system – is worldwide the first system that allows the fully automatic jogging and alignment of many different materials, and thus forms the missing link in the fully automatic cutting process
The automated solution for finishing
Rely on innovative technology instead of muscle strength! The BASA evolution is the perfect automated solution for your finishing process – whether for the label production, packaging printing or for commercial printing. In the standard version, as low-cost starter version for the automatic jogging, the BASA evolution can be equipped with further options for a complete automated line. Depending on the features, the machine transfers jogged, aligned and pressed layers directly to the rear table of the high-speed cutter, to a buffer space or alternatively towards two cutters.
The latest features at a glance
Quality Made in Germany
The BASA has been developed in Germany and is manufactured at our location in Solms, Hessen. The use of the latest and high-quality components and technology, as for example the Air Knife Technology for significantly reduced air consumption, guarantees a high availability of the system and, at the same time, a careful handling of the resources. The most modern drive technology in combination with intelligent controls ensure easy operation and low energy consumption. Moreover, the BASA evolution convinces due to the low footprint.
Perfect cutting results
Proven jogging technology from BAUMANN and a significantly higher pressing power ensure perfectly aligned layers and thus always perfect cutting results.
The completed new developed user interface ensures a very easy and intuitive operation. The use of state-of-the-art control technology guarantees a high level of security, also for the future.
Due to the persisting vibrations, the jogging process is a challenge for all components. That is why we equip the BASA with high-quality parts – with high-performance
bearings, optimized components and improved servo technology – high availability is granted.
Besides the effect that you can use your staff more efficiently thanks to the automatic jogging, the BASA evolution has been optimized to grant a careful use of resources. Most modern drive technology and the latest air-knife technology ensure lowest consumption values.
Thanks to the swivelling jogging table, the new BASA evolution is universally applicable - whether for direct feeding of the rear-table of the cutter, a buffer space or of two cutters simultaneously.
- Hoist loadable with piles from two sides
- Improved remote maintenance and service options in the event of errors
- Unloading pusher configurable with variable length, depending on system requirements
- Hoist with 4-point suspension
- Optimized transfer unit in the roller gripper
- Optimized partial layer aeration thanks to efficient air knife technology
- Infinitely variable, motorized inclination of the jogging table
- Increased inclination possibility up to 23°
- Smooth transition of the aerated partial layers from roller gripper to jogging table, without dropping height
- Jogging to the right and left-hand side
- Side feeder
- Front feed with aeration
- Roller for pre-scalation
- Air-expulsion roller for low grammages
- Jogging table with layer stabilizer LEFT and/or RIGHT
- Counting unit
- Separating unit with or without counting unit applicable
- Counting unit retrofittable
- Destacking up to the bottom sheet, even with overhanging pallets (only in combination with counting unit)
What is new
- Fundamentally revised design
- Very small footprint
- Significantly higher pressing power
- New drive technology with servo technology
- New Beckhoff drive with new HMI
- Breaking-up rollers with optimized aeration unit (Technology with very low air consumption)
|Format max. [mm]||770 x 1070|
Format min. [mm]
|400 x 600|
|Palett size max. [mm]||800 x 1200|
Palett size min. [mm]
|400 x 600|
|Palett height min. [mm]||50|
|pile height incl. palett max. [mm]||1400|
For larger formats or very difficult materials we offer the BASA as standard version. It is ideal for high production volumes, when processing large format printed sheets or in case of ergonomic needs. Along with relieving the operators of physical strain and the high effectiveness, the BASA ensures long-term cost savings.
What is BASA able to do?
- BASA is the first system world-wide, which is able to align a large variety of materials fully automatically
- BASA is the missing link in the field of automatic cutting
- BASA rationalizes and humanizes the alignment process of printed sheets
BASA meets two important business requirements:
- Cost saving
Where is BASA required?
- Where high production volumes have to be processed
- Where large-format printing sheets have to be processed
- When ergonomic restrictions demand an automatic jogging process
- When the cutting-process is to be automated
Which materials can be processed by BASA?
- All papers with a grammage of at least 60 g/m² (for smaller grammages we strongly recommend testing at our facilities)
- Various types of label papers
- Cardboards up to a grammage of 600 g/m²
- Foils (provided that they do not stick together and that there is no frictional electricity)
- Plasticized materials
- Perforated and embossed paper and cardboard
Modes of operation
BASA is equipped with two different modes of operation:
During the automatic operation, BASA processes the arriving pile without any operator's assistance and provides the jogged and aligned reams in the desired height for further processing.
For critical materials and small issues BASA has been equipped with a manual mode of operation, working similar to a traditional jogging machine.
Examples of application with BASA
The jogged reams are taken out of the BASA and transported directly to the high-speed cutter. The ream-transport is usually carried out by a transport-gripper system, putting the reams down on the cutter's rear-table.
An unloader with an integrated gripper system takes the jogged reams out of the BASA and restacks them onto a pallet. During the restacking process, air-boards, sheets of cardboard and / or separating strips can be inserted to facilitate the subsequent destacking process.
- Carton inserter
- Counting device
- BASA logistic
- Empty pallet's delivery
|Format max. [mm]||770 x 1070||930 x 1300||1050 x 1650||1525 x 2050|
Format min. [mm]
|430 x 600|
430 x 600
560 x 660
700 x 1000
The values can vary depending on the equipment / additional options. Technical changes reserved.